Thursday, April 10, 2014

Alpine Triangle Quilt (progress)

As you probably know I am participating in the


You can find this weeks link up here!  I am a tad bit ahead as my rows are already sewn into three sections.


Since it was Finally warmer today I planned to take a photo outside after work...But somebody forgot to tell the wind of my plans...The first two sections are already quilted,and the third as you can see is taped and ready whenever I can get to it.(hopefully tomorrow after work)  Of course I will need to make the backing as soon as the quilting is finished.  The quilting is on the diagonal because it is quick and easy straight line quilting.


I have been carefully(since it is too windy to do this outside) spray basting each section with Spray-n-Bond.  I found this at walmart last fall,and decided to try it because I have always been happy with Heat-n-Bond products.  What I like about this is that it does not have a scent/odor.  The cans are smaller,but work fine for smaller projects.  So far it has lasted for all three sections and there is still plenty in the can.  I have seen this at Joann's too.





7 comments:

  1. I am interested in the method of quilting sections?? I really like the layout of the sort of large pyramid shapes. This is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the quilt is coming together! I'm not surprised you're ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You're definitely ahead int he QAL, I just finished cutting all my triangles. Yours is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was interested that you said you are quilting before adding the backing? Interesting approach. I'd like to hear more about that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also would like to hear about adding your backing after quilting your top......I haven't seen that done before.............enjoy reading your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was gonna SDK the same thing... What method are you using for quilting without the backing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Afternoon CeLynn, Your quilt is coming along a treat and I love the fact that it is so colourful. I have made a quilt as you go before, but mine had the backing attached, so like your other friends I am interested to know how you will quilt the back of the quilt.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers