Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A scrappy start...

After the craft fair on the 4th I took a couple days off from sewing and just relaxed.  It was a nice and needed break.  So far this week it has been fun to pull out my scrap bins and,


look for fabric to go with these squareish (I say ish because they are never really square) panels/blocks. There are four different blocks and the piece with three sets of four has been in my stash for about 5 years!  High time they were sewed up into something.


Before the sun slid behind the mountains this evening I was able to snap off a couple photos.


They are a little out of focus,as there was a breeze and it kept flipping the strips around to the wrong side.  


Some of the scraps are pieced together to make them large enough.  Two of the pieced blocks were not to my liking,so they were ripped out and re-made.  My first thought was to put the piece on the left in the center of the other two strips but,in the end I decided against that idea and sewed it the way it is.

My plan is to add a strip of solid fabric to the right,I am thinking of using a gold or yellow gold.  Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!

Linking up with Lets Bee Social #28 (today) & Fort Worth Fabric Studio (on Friday)

1 comment:

  1. The panels and the improv blocks look fabulous together, CeLynn. Just a thought, but I think a dark green would look great as the other solid for the right side. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers