Thursday, August 7, 2014

A finish and a goal for August

A while back I came across the 241 tote pattern and liked the style so much that I purchased the pattern.


When Mara over at Secretly Stitching posted about the swap I jumped in and joined,and am so glad that I did!


This is my tester that I sewed up last night!  I love how it turned out,even though I didn't have any coordinating zips,so didn't add any zippered pockets on this one.  If you have been thinking of giving this pattern a try you should!  It is a very straight forward pattern and sews up pretty quickly,especially if you don't add any of the zippered pockets.


I did add one slip pocket on the inside of the bag,and of course it has the two outside pockets.  I added a couple inches to the shoulder strap.  For the strap I also used some scrap pieces of shape flex 101 to make it a little more sturdy.

August Goal:

So my goal for this month is to get this flimsy/quilt top finished,quilted and bound.  Not sure if that is going to happen because it is shaping up to be a pretty busy month,so we shall see...

Linking up to:
Sew Fresh quilts,Let's Bee Social #32
ALYOF at Sew BitterSweet

2 comments:

  1. I really like your bag. The fabrics play very well together. You'll meet your goal, I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this bag CeLynn! I will have to check my computer to see if I have it somewhere. Thanks for saying you omitted the zips. I might not have thought of that, and I probably would have been too intimidated to try the pattern if I thought I had to include them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers