Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A paper pieced finish

I don't have much to show for the first half of the week.


This is a block that I tested for Angela over at Sewing With Squeak .  She put out a call for pattern testers around the middle of the month.  I chose this one and a turtle,which I have yet to test.  This one will be modpodged on to a hard backed canvas and then be gifted to my dad.  He used to be stationed at Eldred Rock Lighthouse in AK during his time in the Coast Guard.

Although this looks nothing like that lighthouse I think he will still like it.


When making the basket for my swap partner (scroll down to see that post) I had planed to use this second geese piece for the back pocket.  However I made a mistake and had to use fabric glue in one spot,just down from the second goose on the left next to the boarder.  So this is going to be used  to make a zip pouch for...


This Soldier(Gil's girlfriend,Carla) who is deployed right now.  Today she received the goodie box I sent her last Tuesday!  She texted me early this morning to let me know it had finally arrived.


Recently my sis texted me  a few photos of Axton enjoying the quilt I made him!  Apparently it is much loved!

5 comments:

  1. Hi CeLynn, I bet your Dad will love the lighthouse. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy gal. The lighthouse looks great, and I bet your little soldier loved receiving her care package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too bad for just the first half of the week ;) and that is such a great way to use your block! I always struggle with what to so with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi , CeLynn !!!!!! My friend Daphne from the blog
    http://ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.gr/2014/09/around-world-blog-hop.html
    recommended your blog and here I am !!!!!!!
    Your creations are very beautiful !!!!!!!
    Greetings from Greece
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos! You are sharing quilty goodness with so many people:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers