Thursday, August 21, 2014

Swing & swap

This month for the Big City Bags SAL we can make either the Lucky Denver Mint bag,the Chandelier swing bag,or both!  So far...




I have finished one swing bag!  For this one I used a couple FQ's of Flea Market Fancy and a coral blender for the exterior top of the bag and the strap as well.


A peak inside...


The back side has a zippered pocket,since I only had a 7 inch zipper I just altered the pocket size accordingly.
This is the second swing bag I have made and although it is a smaller bag I love it.  The one main issue for me making this bag has been sewing in the bottom of the bag exterior and lining.  That being said it has not been a huge issue.  My feeling is that with more practice I will eventually get the kinks worked out,and then this bag will be a breeze to sew up!

Swap:


This is the 241 bag for my secret swap partner.  Last month I joined a couple swaps over on flickr,this one is for the Secret tote swap round 5.



My partner requested a bag made in fall colors or earth tones,she has been pretty quiet,so I am crossing my fingers that she likes the bag created for her.  It is hard to see in this photo but,I added a little bit of beading at the center of the bag and along the top edge of the exterior pockets.

Along the bottom of the bag I included four grommets with a bit of blueish fabric peeking out to accent the blue dots on the main fabric.


She also requested a longer handle/strap then the pattern calls for.  While rummaging around for some hardware to include on the bag I found this belt with rivets all down the center,so the hardware search was abandoned.  I think it ties in nicely with the grommets across the bottom of the bag.  Personally I am pretty excited with how this one turned out!

If you have this pattern and have not sewed up a bag with it yet,you should!  Even though I didn't get the placement for my exterior zip correct,that is okay because it lets the bird print take center stage.


5 comments:

  1. The swing bag is beautiful CeLynn, I love that FMF print. The 241 is pretty cool too, those grommets look fab! I don't understand silent swappers, why bother joining in in the first place?!? I signed up for my first ever swap, then when I got my partner details, i found she wasn't on social media at all other than an Instagram account that was empty... what's the point??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning CeLynn, Your swap bag is a triumph.... you have put so much thought into the bag that your secret swop partner will absolutely love it. I love the bird material which you have used in the centre panel..... and the swing bag is a little cutie.
    Have a lovely weekend CeLynn.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh CeLynn...these bags are both so cute! I love the grommets. I'd love to receive that bag as a partner. She's one lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your partner better break her silence to say thanks for the 241 bag! Everything about it is gorgeous. The grommets are a nice touch I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're 241 is sooo pretty! I love the little changes you made too. My partner hasn't said a peep in the Flickr group either. I found that so frustrating! She did post a thank-you and said she liked it all on Instagram, but that was it! I'm really enjoying the swaps, but it's a lot more fun when people comment and help you out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers