Saturday, October 18, 2014

Bento Birthday bag

T (my sis) has a Birthday this next Saturday,so it was time to get busy and make something for her!


I used Aymui's tutorial which has been on my list of things to make for a while now.  If you have been wanting to make one of these do it!  They are so cute,as well as functional.


The tutorial is for just the lunch bag.  However since it is a lunch bag I wanted to add some pockets along the inside of the bag for cutlery/silverware and a napkin too.  It took me a bit to figure out but after a couple attempts I got it!


At first I thought that it might not work because the pockets kind of wrap to the side of the bag.


Although not the greatest photo,you can see that my pockets do work nicely!  I was pretty exited about that.  The tutorial calls for interfacing for the main part or body of the bag,I used insulbright instead.  So that the bag is insulated for either hot or cold items.


The napkin was made with scraps from the main bag fabric and the handles,the backside is the same red print as the rim of the bag.  I will be making more of these little bags,as they can be used for lots of other things besides a lunch bag.  They would make great little bags to take hand sewing projects in,or knitting or crocheting,or toy bags for the car...

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic bday gift! I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great bag and I love your additional pockets. You used Insulbright to keep the food cool, does it work? I was worried about the hole in the top where the drawstring pulls when i was making a lunch bag so went with one with a zip instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your sis is appreciative!!! Using insul brite is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag! I love that you added the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to add the pockets!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers