Sunday, January 18, 2015

my Tammy 4 all seasons


When I saw the post for the Tammy 4 all seasons post over at Sew We Quilt back in November I just Had to jump in…even though I had never so much as sewn one x stitch!

Before we get to my bag many thanks are in order though: Firstly Thank you to Mdm Samm for this wonderful hop,and for my new found skill (albeit the skill part is still questionable) the wonderful magnets,and my Tammy bag kit!
Thanks also to Mary for so graciously moving me to a later day in the hop,so I would have time to finish my cross stitch,and for being our head cheerleader!

Many thanks to All the wonderful sponsors including:
Brooke of Brooke's Books For all the Awesome cross stitch patterns
Cori of Chitter Chatter Designs For all the Sweet Pinny patterns
Apple Heart  Mdm Samm's shop for the Tammy Bag pattern
Beam N Read (LED light)
DMC (floss and Aida cloth)
H. A. KIDD (monaco fabric/cloth)
Readers  (reading glasses)
Snap Source (snaps and a gadget for attaching them)
Yarn Tree (Q snaps)
           
                     Thank You,Thank You,Thank You!



Since I was more than a bit nervous  about starting with the cross stitch,the Pinny came first.


 The box pleats (the first time for making these) gave me a few fits,but nothing major.



When Mdm Samm said that it took her two weeks to finish her cross stitch/tammy bag I figured it would take me at least twice that amount of time.  Wrong!  It took me F O R ever.  Okay it only took me around six weeks…  Apparently I can not count,or count correctly anyway!  The ending result…



well just don't look too closely or you will see stitches where they should not be,no stitches where they should be...


Finally the day the hop started I finished my cross stitch!  Let me just say I was (and still am) Ecstatic!


On to the rest of the Tammy bag.  The handle was my only problem child,even though I measured and marked the center…you guessed it,I sewed it on crooked.  Sigh,ahh the challenges of sewing new to me patterns!


Since my DD and her hubby installed software upgrades and more memory to my computer for Christmas,I have not yet re-learned how to edit my photos.  So you can not read the label I added to the back of the bag. The label says "This Took FOREVER"   That being said,I am sooo in Love with my newest Bag finish and,yes,I will be doing more cross stitch in the future!  However,the next one(s) will not be on a schedule but rather when the mood strikes!

Okay I have gone on long enough about my Sweet new Tammy,Off you go to check out all the Wonderful Stitchers I have the pleasure of Sharing the day with!


                                                                     January 19, 2015




42 comments:

  1. I have been blown away by those who have never cross stitched before. My paternal grandmother basically taught me to cross stitch when I was about ten. I didn't do much until I was out of college. I used to take it in the car with me even on fairly short trips. Then other hobbies came into my life. Then when I thought about it a couple of years ago, I had double vision and couldn't see to do it. Even after surgery on both my eyes, it's still a challenge. I hope you continue with cross stitching, you work is amazing and your Tammy bag is wonderful. Your pinny is terrific. Thank you for participating and helping to make this hop great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with the cross stitching; love the colors of your Tammy Bag! I think the bag turned out great, and the Pinny is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sew love your Tammy and Pinny! Hard to believe all the wonderful stitching by first timers, amazing! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is simply Wonderful!! Wait til you see mine...it will give you a chuckle and you will be so much prouder of YOUR Project. The Good Lord knows I am a work in progress for sure. Your colors, fabric, everything is so nicely done. I too will have to redo my handle because it is crooked and I can't stand crooked.
    blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have every right to be happy. That looks amazing! Your bag is gorgeous and the pinny turned out lovely as well. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You did great! Love it! Your cross stitch looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful job. I think it turned out wonderful. Great color choices too. Love the label.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think WE did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job; it's beautiful! Your fabric choices are perfect with the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No one will ever know there are missing/additional stitches. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cross stitch looks great to me and I love your fabric! I bet you love using this one! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. welll I Must say Celynn. everything looked perfect...and you likely will faint when you go to sewwequilt.com this morning...for your first time with your pinny and box pleats and first tammy welll can I say..WOW>......

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your Tammy bag and Pinny are quite lovely - love the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finish! They turned out so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job :) Your bag and pinnie are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both turned out beautifully! I love the great colors and fabrics you used. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wasn't great at counting either, but we both managed to produce a Tammy bag...yay! Your bag looks beautiful and so does that cute pinny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats of a fabulous finish, and some of the most incredible photos ever. I love your blog header photo too. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful colors of fall. Very pretty bag with all those pretty flowers to set it off. Congrats on your top pick. You really excelled.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cross stitching is not something you can do in a hurry, or I can't anyway. You did such a great job and I love your colors. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOWSERS! Your project and photos are WONDERFUL!!!! I loved the material...and man, I should have started with the Pinny too!!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, great bags, and photos, and fabrics, and colors, and pinny's and.... Everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Tammy Bag and pinny turned out lovely! Beautiful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects. And I had to chuckle at that label. I have a few projects that could use that label. LOL Thank you for sharing your wonderful bag and pinny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did a wonderful job. My handle (which I did 4 times) turned out crooked...Unfortunately, I gave up and am learning to look at it crooked so I don't notuce, lol. I love the fall colors you choose for your bag and Pinny.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The bags are a lot of work and kind of stressful on a timeline, but you did a great job and I love your scissors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty and your photos are so fallish looking. CSing is very time-consuming and the smaller the crosses the longer it takes. Don't worry about the miscounting, most people will never know if you keep it a secret. :) Starting with the pinny was brilliant - it's adorable. Great work on your Tammy bag.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Never would have guessed this was a first time cross stitch. If you didn't mention the errant stitches no one would know. You officially know why they call it Slow Stitching. Great job all the way around, love your label.

    ReplyDelete
  29. First timer? WOW. Love everything about it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the label on the back of your Tammy Bag! Great job on your counted cross stitch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. CeLynn... this turned out wonderful! I love the green fabric with it. I also love your funny post and the label on the back ..... LOL. I should have put that on mine! Your pinny looks great. I think we are hardest on ourselves, because I can't see any of those mistakes. It is a beautiful bag. Hugs, ~Cori

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE the label! That is too funny! guess not funny that it took that long but a good conversation starter when someone sees it. :)

    Your Tammy and Pinny are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Celynn...your Tammy and pinnie are amazing. I'm a new cross stitcher too and know how you feel. I've unstitched so many x's and I still have x's where they shouldn't be and there are areas where there are no stitches and there should be x's. If I could count correct, I would not be so frustrated. When I made my first Tammy...I swore it would be the only one I would make...it took me about 8 hours to sew the handle on...and it was crooked too. I have made many since and each one gets a little easier. I use a rubber needle puller made by Clover to pull the needle through the frame especially at the seam area. I also us about 12 safety pins and pin the frame to the bag before I start the stitching. It seems to work so much better for me. Happy stitching, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful bag!! I love your stitching and can commiserate with the label. Your bag turned out very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What gorgeous fabrics! I love the pinny. And your cross stitch is beautiful. What could be more appropriate than that label? It's a hoot. I am leery about putting together that bag and handle, but you did a great job.

    Leslie S. in MN

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, Celynn - I'm giggling at your label - but the result is marvelous and worth all the effort. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's the perfect label for many of our projects! I think you did a great job on it even if it took longer than you expected. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You bag and pinny are just adorable. Love the label!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cute label! Your Tammy and pinny are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your Tammy and Pinny are wonderful. Great fabric choices. Thank you for being part of this great hop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers